Regent Funeral Services use data and information from a range of sources, including information collected from the death of a loved one, and directly from each client/customer, to allow us to provide all the services for a funeral.
We use this data to procure services on the customer's behalf and to assist with the payment process.
This also allows us to check that all of the documentation provided by our customers is correct. This allows us to plan and deliver our funeral services in a more coordinated and efficient way to all our customers.
We act as a 'data controller'. This means that we collect information.
Types of information we collect
We work with many types of data to be able to provide funeral services to all members of the public in Gateshead and outside its boundaries. This includes collecting the following:
- demographic information such as location, postcode, preferences and interests
- bank and financial data to allow the payment for funerals to be processed
- contact information including email addresses
- other data relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
How is my information used in Regent Funeral Services?
We hold the following data collections that contain various types of data about individuals:
- internal record keeping for payment processes
- products and service improvements
- We may contact you by email, phone, or mail for Market research purposes. We may use the information to customise our website according to your interests.
- Sending promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find relevant, using the email address which you have provided us
How is my data kept safe and secure?
All the data we process and hold is kept safely and securely within our IT systems.
We do not disclose any data to a third party who is not identified on our license.
Any data requests received from a third party will only receive anonymised and aggregated data to a level that complies with the Office of National Statistics disclosure guidance or, we are required to do so for legal reasons.
Access to your personal information
To make a request for personal information please visit our Data protection page.